Name Change Category

Name Change Newspaper Ads Booking Online at Lowest Rates

A person’s name can be changed for any of several reasons, as will be discussed later. However, to give it a legal basis finally, it should be published as a name change classified advertisement in major newspapers such as The Times of India, Hindustan Times, The Hindu, The Indian Express, Hindustan Hindi, Navbharat Times, Deccan Herald, Deccan Chronicle, Dainik Bhaskar, Rajasthan Patrika, Amar Ujala, Maharashtra Times, Dainik Jagran, Anandabazar Patrika, Malayala Manorama, Eenadu, Dainik Bhaskar, Dainik Jagran, The Tribune, Gujarat Samachar, Sandesh, Prajavani, The Telegraph, The Tribune, Daily Ajit, Dazily Thanthi, Assam Tribune etc. among about 1,000 newspapers that comprise the Indian Newspaper Society (INS). 
From anywhere in India, the easiest and fastest way to place name change classified advertisements in any of these newspapers is through the online advertising facility Myadvtcorner, an arm of an INS-accredited total advertising agency, Mind Makers Communications Pvt. Ltd. Its many free media services include having up-to-date change of name classified ad rates of all the newspapers and book newspaper ads to publish a name change classified ad in the right daily on the right day. 

Book your Name Change Ad in Newspaper via   Book Now! 




You have decided to change your name for any of the following reasons:


•    Change of religion
•    After a woman’s marriage
•    If birth certificate does not match with the school-leaving certificate
•    Change of a woman’s name after divorce
•    Change of name due to adoption
•    Name change for minors
•    Spelling error
•    New profession — joining films, becoming writer etc.
•    Astronomical/numerological reasons
•    Personal whim
•    Or any other


Now, you want to make it official, Here’s how:


1.) Affidavit

Make out an affidavit regarding the change of your name on a non-judicial stamp paper of minimal value. You must state therein the specific reason for doing so — due to any of the reasons given above. The affidavit must mention the current name and the desired new name, and reason in brief for the change of name. Submit it in your respective district court before a magistrate or notary public. 

2.) Newspaper Publication

Next, publish the advertisements announcing your change of name in two newspapers – one in the local official language and the other in an English national daily.

3.) Gazette Notification

For getting name published in the official newspaper of your state, Approach the government press of your state, fill up the necessary form and pay the prescribed fees for publication of your change of name notification. Your name change notification will be published in the state’s official gazette and you will be sent copies of the same at the address you give. With this gazette notification, your change of name is officially completed.


You can now apply for a change of name in all other official documents by providing copies of the affidavit, newspaper ads and gazette notification as proof of the legal change of name.


While it could take a month to legally change your name in India, the time required to change one’s name from official documents is extra.


Select the newspaper from the list and examine the classified advertisement rates for Name Change in your selected newspapers. Select the most suitable option which could be the cheapest. Select the publishing date from the calendar provided, then click on Proceed to compose your ad.


After composing the ad, click on make Payment and choose the online or offline payment options that suit you.


After the payment has been successfully made, you will get an auto-generated invoice from the system confirming that your name change classified ad has been booked. Send the scanned copy — or even a photograph taken by a smartphone — of the affidavit copy to the same email ID from which you have got the booking confirmation. Finally, following editorial approval, your change of name ad would be published in the newspaper you have chosen.


Applying for Passport with the New Name

A woman’s passport needs the husband’s name to be mentioned in it. Hence, a valid legal document lets the information be added easily.

Banking Account Operations (held jointly)

In case any part of the original name by which the account has been opened, is changed, this has to be mentioned in the photo ID proof required by the bank to ensure no fraud takes place.

Establishing Proof of Relationship

A person’s marriage certificate depends upon the legal document which is prepared by submitting an affidavit.

Including the New Name in one’s Ration Card

If yours is a nuclear family getting the benefits of lower rates on basic essentials offered by the government, the change of name certificate is helpful.


Change of women’s names after marriage 

After marriage, a change of name is required for several reasons specially for getting an Indian passport, having a joint-bank account, endorsement of spouse’s name in the passport, inclusion of name in the ration card, matching of address on ration card with various ID proofs, etc.

Change of a woman’s name after divorce in case of a re-marriage

After divorce, benefits for a woman in any new marriage could accrue only after the last name is legally changed since the earlier family name would differ from the new surname.

Change of name in birth certificate & school LC

Once a person leaves school and other educational pursuits in search of work, the name on the educational certificate will differ from what is used at work if this has subsequently been changed. Hence the importance of the change of name being incorporated in the educational certificates. 

Spelling mistakes in old name

A spelling error in the old name can create problems unless the corrected version with the change of name is used. 

Change of name of an adopted child 

When adoption of a child takes place, when the background of the child’s original family is unknown, and the child is given a new name by the adoptive parents, this requires that the change of name process be undertaken for the child’s future.

Change of name influenced by numerology or astrology

Especially in the film industry, people change names when taking up a fresh vocation. Such people can only enjoy normal facilities like having bank accounts and passports once they have officially undergone the legal change of name process. 

Change of name because of change in religion

People have been changing religion from time immemorial. Today, if such a change for whatever reason requires a change in the person’s name, then the entire change of name process must be undergone for the person to enjoy all the due legal rights available to a citizen. 

The process, as can be seen is very long. Therefore, to make the release of the vital newspaper ad most quickly and least complications in the selected newspapers, you need access to the online classified advertisement booking service, Myadvtcorner an arm of an INS-accredited, full service ad agency. Its free media services include, not only providing the latest rates of any newspapers and name change ad samples but also book name change advertisements for newspapers online to publish name change ads as required.



Select Ad Type
I, Suvajit Kumar Nath, S/o Samir Kumar Nath R/o L.P. Scheme, Maltanagar, P.O. Bengal, P.S. Noapara, North 24 Parganas, W.B.-743122 have changed my name to Shubhajit Nath vide affidavit dated 11.12.15 sworn in the Court of Judicial Magistrate.  Book Now! 


I, Anees Fathima Shaik D/o Fareed Resident of Flat No: D-102, Aditya Sunshine, Kondapur, Hyderabad-84 have changed my name to Anees Fathima for all future purposes.


I, Manjunath V R/o 551, 10th Main, 8th Cross, Nr. Bombay Dyeing, Yeshwanthpur, Bangalore-560022, have changed my name to Manjunath Rao forever vide affidavit dated 18.12.15 Sworn before Notary K. Venkateshan Bangalore.


I, Zeeshan Ahmad S/o Ayazaul Afaq R/o B-95/A, Shaheen Bagh Abul Fazal Enclave-2, Okhla, New Delhi-25 state that both the names Zeeshan Ahmad and Zeeshan Ahmed are of same person and I will be known as Zeeshan Ahmad for all purposes.


I, Balachandra Shreehari R/0 Flat No. 220, Plot No. 3, Shriniketan CGHS, Sec–9, Dwarka New Delhi – 110075 have changed my name to Balachandra Shreehari Nair forever.


I Supriya Kamal Sharma R/o G – 250, Sarita Vihar New Delhi – 110076 have changed my name to Supriya Sharma for all future purposes.


Chinmoyee Das W/o Darshit Parekh R/o 29, Suhasini Ganguly Sarani, Ground floor, P.S. Bhawanipur, Kolkata- 700 025 have changed my name to Seshal Parekh forever as per affidavit dated 21.11.15


I, Shankar Kudimi R/o Door No. 3-12, Gandhi Nagar, Makala town, Post & Mandal, Chittoor Dist. have changed my minor daughter's name from Debashri to Debashri Shankar Kudimi (DOB: 3.11.2014) for all future purposes vide affidavit no. 6465 dated 12.11.2015


I, Tina Mirge D/o Mr.Bhalchandra Mirge R/o 33,Godbole colony, Annapurna road, Indore(M.P.) have changed my name to Pragya Mirge. Henceforth, I shall be known as Pragya Mirge for all future purposes.


I, Hitlar Yadav S/o Sh. Abhay Singh R/o E-375, Delta-I, Greater Noida-201308 have changed my name to Hitlar for all future purposes.


I, Anup Singh S/o Shri Satpal Singh R/o L-40, Nehru Nagar, Sector-10, Ghaziabad (U.P.) have changed my name to Anoop Singh for all future purposes vide affidavit No. ------ dated 00/00/0000


I, Amit S/o ------- holder of Indian Passport No. issued at Delhi on ------ permanent resident of ------- and presently residing at ---------- have changed my name to Amit Chander with immediate effect vide affidavit no. ----- dated -------


I am known as Priya Mathur, Priyal Mathur & Prial Mathur, D/o Ram Mathur. I shall henceforth be known as Priya Mathur vide certificate no. IN-DL----------- dated 00/00/00
Q.: Is it mandatory to publish a name change advertisement in a newspaper?
Ans.: It is compulsory to publish a name change ad in newspaper since it is a legal requirement.  Book Now! 


Q.: Passport authorities have asked me to publish a name change ad in a newspaper. One newspaper is sufficient or not.
Ans.: For passport purposes, you need to publish the advertisement in two newspapers – one national and one regional. The essential document required is the affidavit. Kindly mail us a scanned copy of it. We will prepare the text and send it to you for your approval along with the low-cost newspaper rate. On receiving your approval and payment, we will arrange for it to be published.


Q.: What are the documents that I need to submit to give a name change ad in the Indian Express newspaper?
Ans.: The only compulsory document required is a scanned copy of the notarized affidavit. The matter published in the newspaper should be the same as that in the affidavit.


Q.: Why is an affidavit required?
Ans.: It is a legal document. It is a notarized evidence of your name change or name change announcement. 


Q.: I have got an annexure E for changing my wife’s name after her marriage. Is this acceptable?
Ans.: No. Only a notarized affidavit will do.


Q.: Why do we need to purchase 2-3 copies of the newspaper in which a name change ad has been published?
Ans.: We ask you to purchase 2 to 3 copies of the newspaper for your reference as you have to submit the full page of the newspaper in your offices, passport office, schools etc. No newspaper cutting and no photocopy is accepted.


Q.: I stay in Narela and want to place a name change ad. Which is the cheapest package available? Kindly suggest.
Ans.: If you need to publish a name change ad for passport purposes, you need to go for a package of a national and regional newspaper. For Narela, a Delhi-based newspaper will suffice. We would suggest a Indian Express and Jansatta Delhi edition package or only Indian Express


Q.: My permanent address is of Delhi and at present  I am staying in Bangalore. In which location should I place the name change advertisement.
Ans.: The name change advertisement should be published in both the locations i.e. Delhi and Bangalore. We can suggest you Times of India for Delhi and Vijay Karnataka for Bangalore. There are many more newspapers. Please visit our site for list of newspapers and their rates. 


Q.: I am in US right now but my residential address is of Chandigarh. I want to change my name in my daughter’s birth certificate. Do I need to come to India or can it be done online?
Ans.: Everything can be done online. The essential document required for name change is the affidavit. Kindly mail us the scanned copy of the affidavit. We will compose the matter and get it published in The Tribune and Dainik Tribune for Chandigarh. Please arrange for 2-3 copies of the newspaper in which it is published by yourself or we will arrange to courier the newspapers to you and charge you accordingly. 


Q.: At present I am in Bangalore and my permanent address is of Delhi. Can I get the affidavit made from Bangalore?
Ans.: Affidavit is a legal document which can be made from anywhere in India or outside India. 


Q.: In my school certificate my name is Vijay Kumari, in Pan card it is Vijay Gupta. Currently I want to be known as Vijay Gupta.
Ans.: A legal document – an affidavit – is required to get a name change ad published in the newspaper. Please see the suggested matter:
I, Vijay Kumari also known as Vijay Gupta, w/o Col. Kishori Lal Gupta, R/o H.No. 00, Sector-00,  Arun Vihar,  Noida, U.P.-201301. Both are names of the same person. In future I shall be known as Vijay Gupta forever.


Q.: My son’s name is Dhruv Malhotra. He is 5 yrs. old. I want to change his name from Dhruv Malhotra to Dhruv Kumar Malhotra. How can I change his name in the school certificate?
Ans.: As your son is a minor, please get the affidavit made with the matter as suggested: (I, ------- Malhotra R/o ------------ have changed my minor son’s name from Dhruv Malhotra to Dhruv Kumar Malhotra DOB: 00, 00, 0000, for all future purposes.) We will get it published in any national newspaper. You will have to submit the newapaper ad page in the school and thereby they will change the name. 


Q.: My father’s name has been wrongly mentioned in the school certificate. Please advise.
Ans.: A name change ad is to be released in the newspaper. Kindly get an affidavit made with the matter as suggested below:
In my school certificate, my father’s name has been wrongly mentioned as Darmesh Gupta instead of Dharmesh Gupta. I, Dinesh Gupta R/o  ---------------affirm that my father’s correct name is Dharmesh Gupta.


Q.: What will happen after payment? When will the advertisement be published and how can I get copies of the same? How to know the date when the ad will be published?
Ans.: After you make the payment, you will get an auto reply from our portal confirming the payment. On receipt of the payment, we too will confirm via email the date of publishing, informing you to purchase 2-3 newspaper copies for your reference.

Book CHANGE OF NAME for identity clarifications goes beyond clarifying different identities mean the same person. Through, this is achieved in the most cost-effective manner through the appropriate choice of newspapers.

Through, the text of the ad can be written and then enhanced through borders, bold texts, background colour and other such visual devices in some newspapers. For classified display ads, you can see the sample or send us the material for preparing the ad through our own experts. This can be simultaneously previewed, edited and finished to your complete satisfaction. It can then be sent to for instant publication in the newspaper of your choice.


Book your Name Change ad in Newspaper via   Book Now!