A situation wanted advertisement is placed by someone looking for a specific job, and is aimed at potential employers. While such an ad in a newspaper or on the Internet is useful, one in a trade magazine may reach a higher percentage of the target audience. When writing the ad, think of what employers want, and of how they could gain by hiring you. So word the ad accordingly. Develop different versions and test them on others in your field. Ensure including contact details like a phone number and/or an e-mail address. One big advantage of placing a situation wanted ad is that those who respond are possibly serious about hiring you.
Situation wanted ads in newspapers can be of two kinds:
• Situation Wanted Text Classified Advertisement: This is the cheapest format as it is in the simple word roll-on format and charged by the line or word depending on the newspaper.
• Situation Wanted Classified Display Advertisement: This is more expensive as it allows the use of colour and visuals and is charged by the column cm.
With a ‘SITUATION WANTED’ category of vacancy wanted newspaper advertisement, you are the advertiser offering your service to people or organizations who may be in need of it. So keep the following key points in mind while writing a ‘SITUATION WANTED’ ad.
• Do not cross the 50-word limit.
• State the kind of job, area, timing and the locality where you offer your service.
• Mention your educational and other qualifications along with experience.
• Note the pay-packet that suits you.
• State your age, gender and marital status.
• Give your name and address.
• Give your contact address, email or any other means of communication.
• Put your advertisement in a small box
From anywhere in India, get fast and efficient assistance in situation wanted classified ad booking online from Myadvtcorner, the online service of an INS-accredited ad agency and get the latest situation wanted ad rates and situation wanted ad sample free.